Dr. Kevin Schieuer
- Title: Professor of Finance
- College: College of Business
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: (402)557-7568
- Office Location: #200G Hitchcock Humanities Center
- Subject(s): Corporate Finance Courses: Principles of Finance, Advanced Corporate Finance, Financial Strategies, Cash/Treasury Management, Risk Management, Investments, Economics, Independent Studies in Finance.
- Degrees Awarded: Ph.D. Finance University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1999 , M.B.A. Finance, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1992 , D.E.E. Electrical Engineering, University of Utah, 1990, M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Utah, 1990 , B.S. Math, Physics, Business Administration, Morningside College, 1986
- Experience: Dr. Schieuer is Professor of Finance in the College of Business at Bellevue University. Dr. Schieuer serves as the Director of the undergraduate Business Administration Program (BS-BA), Director of the Master of Science in Finance - Strategic Leadership of Value and Risk Program (MSF-SLVR), Chair of the Finance area and Director of the College's Certified Treasury Management Program through the Association for Financial Professionals. Dr. Schieuer led development of the Master of Science in Finance - Strategic Leadership of Value and Risk Program (MSF-SLVR).
- In addition to teaching and developing numerous graduate and undergraduate finance courses, Dr. Schieuer has been involved with professional and corporate education activities, developing and presenting educational programs for organizations such as the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), ConAgra Corporation, Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) - Nebraska Chapter, Kum & Go Corporation, Nebraska Hospital Association (NHA), and the Gallup Organization, as well as a business education certificate program for credit unions and financial institutions. Seminars: Capital Budgeting: Tools, Techniques and Processes, Professional Seminar for Association for Financial Professionals' (AFP); Finance for Non-Financial Professionals: An Interactive Seminar on Core Financial Concepts and Perspectives, Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), Nebraska Hospital Association, McCook Community Hospital, ConAgra Corporation. IACBE 2010 Conference presentation, "An Integrated PProgram Level Assessment Exam: In-house Development and Implementation," by Dr. Kevin S. Schieuer and Dr. Jena Shafai.
- Dr. Schieuer has served as President of the University's Faculty Senate, Chairman of University's Academic Review Committee, and as an active member and contributor to many University/College groups, including the Academic Assessment Committee, University Rank and Promotions, General Education Curriculum Development Committee, and many other task forces. Dr. Schieuer has previous work experiences with an Iowa law firm, in engineering research and development in Utah, in surveying, and in agriculture. Dr. Schieuer is also active in developing, coordinating, and implementing program assessment tools and programs.
- Specializations/Interests: Corporate Finance Courses; Dr. Schieuer's primary interests involve applications and integrations of financial management and valuation fundamentals for strategic, holistic, and enterprise wide financial and business leadership and decision making. Dr. Schieuer is committed to a vision that finance professionals can lead their organizations with effective communication of core, strategic financial principles and applications that empower effective, value optimizing decision making.
- Awards: Excellence in Teaching and University Service Kotouc Professorship Award, the Vice President of Academic Affairs Distinguished Professorship Award, Bellevue University's Online Class Development of the Year Faculty Award, President of the University's Faculty Senate, Finance Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year Award, Richard D. Irwin Foundation Doctoral Fellow, UN-L Gerald L. Phillippe Memorial Doctoral Fellow, AACSB Doctoral Fellow Award, Valedictorian High School and College Graduation Classes.
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!