- Title: Associate Professor
- College: College of Arts and Sciences
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: (402) 557-7594
- Office Location: #4215 Educational Services Building
- Subject(s): Criminal Justice, Investigations, Justice Administration and Crime Management
- Degrees Awarded: Master of Science
- Over 25 years of experience in law enforcement and education.
- Law enforcement career with the Omaha Police Department, reaching the rank of Captain and holding the position of Commander of the Criminal Investigations Bureau.
- Responsibilities included investigative and management oversight of the Homicide Unit, Major Crimes Unit, Special Victims Unit, Crime Analysis Unit, Burglary and Auto Theft Unit, Gang Unit, Vice and Intelligence Unit, Firearms Squad, and the Narcotics Unit.
- Taught and presented locally and regionally on a variety of topics including: Crime Scenes, Death Investigations, Sexual Assault Investigations, Child Victim Investigations, Officer Involved Shootings, Managing Criminal Investigations, Court Testimony, and Forensic Epidemiology and Bioterrorism.
- Adjunct faculty member at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, and Bellevue University, teaching in the Criminal Justice Department at UNO since 1989 and in Lincoln since 2007, as well as in the Criminal Justice Administration degree program at Bellevue University since 1999.
- Joined Bellevue University as a full-time Associate Professor in January 2007, as the Program Director for the Investigations Bachelor of Science degree program.
- 23 years curriculum development experience including development of the following courses: Criminology, Criminal Court Systems, Intro to Criminal Justice, Criminal Justice Administration, White Collar Crime, Drugs and Crime, Criminal Law, Ethics, Juvenile Delinquency, Crime Scenes and Forensics, Criminal Behavior Analysis, Crime Analysis, Communication and Leadership, Project Management.
- Developed the Master of Science in Justice Administration and Crime Management degree program at Bellevue University, including curriculum.
- Currently Program Director for the Bachelor of Science degree programs in Investigations, Criminal Justice, and the Master of Science in Justice Administration and Crime Management program.
- Teaching experience in the Master of Science in Security Management degree program at Bellevue University.
- Specialization(s): Law Enforcement,Investigations (Public and Private), Forensic Epidemiology and Bioterrorism, Crime Scene Investigations, Criminal Justice, Administration and Management, Crime Analysis
- Certifications: Nebraska State Law Enforcement Certification
Law Enforcement Instructor Certification, U.S Department of Justice
Secret Security Clearance, U.S Department of Justice
- Awards: Outstanding Service Award - Omaha Police Department, 2000
Excellence in Public Service Award - University of Nebraska - Omaha, 2012
- Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (2011-Current)
- American College of Forensic Examiners Institute, (2007-Current)
- A.S.I.S International, (2007-Current)
- Domestic Violence Coordinating Council of Greater Omaha - Board Member, (1998-2001)
- Douglas County Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Committee Member, (2003, 2004)
- Douglas County Criminal Justice Systems Management Council Member, (2003, 2004)
- FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, (2002-2007)
- Innocent Images Child Sexual Exploitation Federal Investigative Task Force Team Leader, (1999-2002)
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Unit (LEIU) Member, (2002, 2003)
- Metro Drug Task Force - Commander, (2002-2007)
- Metropolitan Child Abuse Coalition - Board Member, (1997-2002)
- Midwest High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Member, (2002, 2003)
- Nebraska Center for Biopreparedness Education - Faculty (2003-2008)
- Nebraska Foster Care Review Board - Chairperson (2005-2007)
- Nebraska Governor's Commission for the Protection of Children - Appointed Member by Governor Johanns, (1998-2002)
- Omaha/Douglas County Victim Assistance Committee Member, (1997-2007)
- Police Federal Credit Union - Board of Directors, Secretary (2006-Current)
- Project Harmony Child Advocacy Center Advisory Board Member (1997-2002)
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!