Bellevue University Tops U.S. News Rankings

Transferring Your Credits

Transferring Your Credits

If you have already earned an associate's degree from another institution, then you may have met all of the requirements for our general education core curriculum.

If you are transferring to Bellevue University without an associate's degree, you will need to complete all of the general education requirements that aren't already met. Bellevue University has articulation agreements with several U.S. colleges and institutions and with universities abroad. These agreements mean you can transfer directly to Bellevue University to complete your bachelor's degree. To see how credits transfer, please visit the Transfer Credit Guide.

If you're transferring to Bellevue University with a bachelor's degree, you will only need to complete your major-specific courses.

You don't have to figure all of this out on your own! Your enrollment counselor will meet with you to discuss your academic history and to complete an evaluation of your previously earned credits to see which requirements you have met and those that you have yet to complete.

88%* of Bellevue University's 2013-14 graduates transferred previously earned college credit to help complete their bachelor's degree.

Articulation Agreements

Here you can explore all of the current articulation agreements that we hold with other U.S. colleges and select institutions abroad. These agreements allow all graduating students with transfer courses or degrees in technical, career, or liberal arts fields to transfer into one of our bachelor's degree programs.

If you have already earned an associate's or bachelor's degree from another institution, then all credits earned from that institution at the time of that degree's completion will be accepted.

  • Community colleges with articulation agreements, click here

  • Four-year colleges with articulation agreements include:
    • Buena Vista University – Iowa
    • Bob Jones University – South Carolina
    • Defense Acquisition University – Virginia
    • Grace University – Nebraska
    • Grantham University – Missouri
    • Nebraska Christian College – Nebraska
    • Western Governors University – Utah
  • International institutions with articulation agreements include:
    • Galilee College
    • Hiroshima College of Foreign Languages
    • Osaka College of Foreign Languages and International Business
    • Senzoku Gakuen College
    • Syrian Virtual University

3 + 1 Program with Buena Vista University

Our 3+1 program, in partnership with Buena Vista University in Iowa, allows you to receive a bachelor's degree with teacher certification in secondary education from Buena Vista University. Our Enrollment Management staff can arrange an individual meeting with an academic advisor from Buena Vista University to get this process started.

Secondary Education Certificate at Concordia University

If you would like to earn a Secondary Education Certification, our agreement with Concordia University is a perfect fit. After you graduate from Bellevue University with either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree in an approved endorsement area, simply contact one of our knowledgeable Academic Advisors or Admissions Counselors for more information. All of your academic coursework can be completed online in 18 months and a semester of student teaching. If you want to take it a step further, you can also earn a Master of Science degree in Education by completing 9 more credit hours.

Double Major at Grace University and Bellevue University

Bellevue University and Grace University, our team has negotiated an agreement that enables Grace University students, upon recommendation and approval, to also study at Bellevue University. A Grace University academic advisor can provide full details on how to double major at both Bellevue University and Grace University.

*According to Bellevue University's 2013-14 Annual Conferral Report

Thanks for your interest in Bellevue University.

When you click the submit button below, our staff will contact you within 48 hours to get you the information you need and answer any questions.

Yes No