- General Transfer Policy
- Articulation Agreements
- Associate Degrees
- Bachelor Degrees
- 3 + 1 Program with Buena Vista University
- Concordia University
- Grace University Program
- Community College Advantage Partnership
- Have Your Transcripts Sent to Bellevue University
Students transferring to Bellevue University with an Associate degree will have met the other requirements of the General Education Core Curriculum for Accelerated Programs.
Students transferring without an Associate's degree will take all General Education Core Curriculum requirements not met by previous coursework.
Students transferring to Bellevue University with a Bachelor's degree will have met all General Education Core Curriculum requirements and only need to complete the major.
Admissions Office staff will complete an evaluation showing what requirements have been met and what courses the student must complete.
General Transfer Policy
Student Records conducts initial evaluations of incoming students' academic records, to ensure all required academic documentation is on file and to apply transfer credit to Bellevue University degree programs in accordance with established policies. Complete reevaluations of these records are conducted only when students change degree programs, majors, and/or when they change university catalogs.
A final audit of students' academic records is conducted by Student Records in conjunction with students' application for graduation. Student Records Audit Section ensures all required academic documentation is on file, and all degree requirements are completed prior to issuing a Bellevue University diploma.
Bellevue University has articulation agreements with several U.S. colleges and institutions and with universities abroad. These agreements allow students graduating with transfer courses or degrees in technical, career, or liberal arts fields to transfer directly to Bellevue University to complete a baccalaureate degree program.
If a student has an associate's or bachelor's degree from another institution, all credits earned from that institution by the time of that degree's completion will be accepted for matriculation at Bellevue University.
International institutions with articulation agreements include:
- Galilee College
- Hiroshima College of Foreign Languages
- Osaka College of Foreign Languages and International Business
- Senzoku Gakuen College
- Syrian Virtual University
Community colleges with articulation agreements include:
- Alexandria Technical College – Minnesota
- Austin Community College – Texas
- Central Community College – Nebraska
- Central Texas College – Texas
- Community College of the Air Force
- Community College of Baltimore County - Maryland
- Defense Language Institute – California
- Des Moines Area Community College – Iowa
- Florida Community College at Jacksonville – Florida
- Fox Valley Technical College – Wisconsin
- Gwinnett Technical College - Georgia
- Hamilton College – Iowa
- Iowa Lakes Community College – Iowa
- Iowa Western Community College – Iowa
- Ivy Bridge College - Ohio
- Johnson County Community College – Kansas
- Kaplan College – Florida
- Kirkwood Community College – Iowa
- Madison Area Technical College – Wisconsin
- Mohawk Valley Community College – NewYork
- Metropolitan Community College – Missouri
- Metropolitan Community College – Nebraska
- Mid-Plains Community College Area – Nebraska
- Nebraska Indian Community College – Nebraska
- North Harris Montgomery Community College District – Texas
- Northeast Community College – Nebraska
- Northwest Iowa Community College – Iowa
- Oakland Community College – Ohio
- Pensacola Junior College – Florida
- Pike's Peak Community College – Colorado
- Pima Community College - Arizona
- Pulaski Technical College – Arkansas
- Sinclair Community College – Ohio
- Southeast Community College – Nebraska
- Southeast Technical Institute – South Dakota
- Southwestern Community College – Iowa
- Vatterott College – Missouri
- Western Iowa Tech Community College – Iowa
- Western Nebraska Community College – Nebraska
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College – Wisconsin
Transfer students and graduates who have received an Associate of Science (A.S.), Associate of Arts (A.A.), or Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree from other community colleges may be admitted to Bellevue University under the same transfer arrangements.
Four-year colleges with articulation agreements include:
- Buena Vista University – Iowa
- Bob Jones University – South Carolina
- Defense Acquisition University – Virginia
- Grace University – Nebraska
- Grantham University – Missouri
- Nebraska Christian College – Nebraska
- Western Governors University – Utah
Bellevue University has articulation agreements with several U.S. colleges and institutions and with universities abroad. These agreements allow students graduating with transfer courses or degrees in technical, career, or liberal arts fields to transfer directly to Bellevue University to complete a bachelor's degree program.
Under agreements with two-year colleges, the student receives maximum program flexibility at a minimum cost, to receive full academic value for the associate-level degree. If previously earned Bellevue University credit hours are included in the associate's degree, they are not counted in the total number of transfer hours. The student admitted under these programs must complete the remaining specified coursework to obtain the bachelor's degree.
Students who hold a baccalaureate degree may enter a second baccalaureate degree program at Bellevue University and have no General Education Core Curriculum or Kirkpatrick Signature Series requirements to meet.
3 + 1 Program with Buena Vista University
Bellevue University has a 3+1 program with Buena Vista University in Iowa. Bellevue University students can receive a bachelor's degree with teacher certification in secondary education from Buena Vista University. Enrollment Management staff can arrange for an individual meeting with an academic advisor from Buena Vista University.
Bellevue University has an agreement whereby eligible graduates may attend Concordia University (Seward, Nebraska) to complete a Secondary Education Certification. Graduates of Bellevue University must have a BA or BS degree in an approved endorsement area. Academic coursework can be completed online in 18 months culminating in a semester of student teaching. A Master of Science degree in Education may be obtained with completion of 9 additional credit hours. Please contact a Bellevue University Admission Counselor or Academic Advisor for more information.
Grace University Program
Bellevue University and Grace University have an agreement that enables Grace University students, upon recommendation and approval, to enter a program of study at Bellevue University leading to a major. A Grace University academic advisor can provide full details on the structure of these double majors.
Community College Advantage Partnership
Bellevue University's Community College Advantage Partnership makes it possible for community college students to earn bachelor's degree with just one additional year of study. Bellevue University works with Advantage Partner schools, ensuring students complete the necessary elements in their associate's degrees to quickly complete their bachelor's degrees.
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!