Bachelor's Degree Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS)
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
Bachelor's Degree Requirements
- General Education Core
- Kirkpatrick Signature Series
- Declaring a Major Requirements
- Electives (as needed)
Total Requirement of 124 semester credit hours. All credit hours are stated in semester hours for BAS Degrees.
Total Requirement of 127 semester credit hours All credit hours are stated in semester hours for BA and BS Degrees.
Total Requirement of 132 semester credit hours All credit hours are stated in semester hours for BFA Degrees.
All graduating BAS, BA, BS, BFA students must:
- Provide certification of high school completion or the equivalent;
- Complete a minimum of 127 credit hours (Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts) and have an overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher in courses taken at Bellevue University; the Bachelor of Fine Arts requires 132 hours; the Bachelor of Applied Science requires 124 hours;
- Complete the General Education Core, including the Kirkpatrick Signature Series;
- Complete the requirements for a major in at least one academic area and have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher in the major area courses;
- Complete at least 12 hours of upper-level major credit in-residence, 24 for Accounting; 21 for Business Administration;
- Complete at least 30 hours of upper-level credit; and
- Meet residence requirements of 30 hours at Bellevue University.
Undergraduate Residence Requirements
Residency in the State of Nebraska is not required. The only residence requirements relate to courses taken through Bellevue University.
To earn a degree, students must have at least 30 credit hours of in-residence courses at
Bellevue University; including a minimum of 12 hours in upper-level (300-400) courses in
their major area (24 hours for Accounting and 21 hours for Business Administration Majors).
Bellevue University online and in-class courses count toward residence hours; ELA credits, transfer hours, or credits earned through testing do not count toward residence.
- For a second degree, residence requirements dictate students complete an additional 30 credit hours in-residence, earned after conferral of first degree.
Second Bachelor's Degree
Bellevue University undergraduate alumni seeking a second bachelor’s degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all requirements of the first bachelor’s degree;
- Apply for and receive the first bachelor’s degree; and
- Complete all GPA, major, and other academic and procedural requirements in effect at the time of enrollment in a second bachelor’s degree and earn a minimum of 157 semester credit hours.
Two degrees of any type may not be awarded simultaneously.
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!