Bellevue University Federal Financing and Veterans Services Information in Response to Impending Federal Government Shutdown
In the event of a United States Federal Government shutdown, Bellevue University students should refer to this web page for updates regarding federal financing. The next update is scheduled for Monday April 11, 2011 at 11am CST, 12pm EST.
Updated April 8 at 5:00 p.m.
At this time, a government shutdown will not affect the processing of financial aid packages. The University will continue accepting and processing FAFSA forms. Military education benefit payments already in process are not impacted. Essentially your financial aid will not be impacted.
Items potentially impacted by a government shutdown
- Approvals for new tuition assistance applications may be on hold for government employees
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will suspend education phone support (1-888-442-4551) and new education benefits processing.
- Educational sites at military facilities are expected to close during a shutdown
The University is addressing potential issues regarding currently enrolled students who may be unable to complete courses as a result of a shutdown. The University will not withdraw students due to nonpayment directly related to a government shutdown.
- Dept. Veterans Affairs Government Shutdown Guide
- Federal Student Aid Processing and Customer Service Guidance
- Federal Student Aid Information Center will remain open and can be reached at 1-800-4-FED-AID
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!