John Patterson, J.D., MBA
- Title: Assistant Professor
- College: College of Business
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Phone: (402) 557-7177
- Office Location: #161 Durham Center
- Experience: My name is John Patterson, and I have been employed with Bellevue University full-time since 2006. Prior to being employed with Bellevue University, I was the Associate Vice-President with Mid-Plains Community College, where I administered their Center for Enterprise and the Human Resources Department.
- The majority of my career has been in business and industry. I have been a Production/Operations Manager with Graphic Packaging International Corporation and Hormel Foods Corporation, and held the role of Human Resources and Safety Director with Caterpillar and Coca-Cola. I have provided leadership for several strategic initiatives, and implemented numerous programs and procedures in various industries.
- My educational credentials include a Juris Doctor, and a Master of Business Administration. I hold a Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate, and have past certifications as an OSHA Instructor, and State of Nebraska Property and Casualty Insurance Agent.
- My philosophy on teaching and learning extends beyond any one topic or any one point in time. Teaching and learning represents a lifelong process. I believe that there are many methods to teach and learn, and that both are best accomplished when measured from the perspective of the end user: the individual student.
- I also believe that teaching and learning cannot be a spectator sport. Active participation from both teacher and student is paramount. While understanding concepts and theories is important for the student, applying those concepts and theories to their lifelong goals is critical.
- As a teacher, my responsibilities include identifying the optimal teaching approach for the student, linking assignments, course objectives, and individual student goals, providing rigorous, contemporary curriculum at high cognitive levels, communicating effectively, enthusiastically, creatively, openly, and honestly, fostering critical and independent thinking skills, expecting high levels of student performance, evaluating student performance through data-driven, objective means, knowing the course content, respecting every student.
- The students’ responsibilities include taking ownership of their education, learning the course content, communicating effectively, enthusiastically, creatively, openly, and honestly, and respecting their fellow students and teacher.
- Degrees Awarded: Juris Doctor, 2008, Taft Law School, Santa Ana, California; Master of Business Administration, 2005, Bellevue University, Bellevue, Nebraska; Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 1995, Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Certifications: Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification, 2011, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania.
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!