ABOUT THE PROFESSOR
Victor Harms, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor at Bellevue University. He teaches Human Services, Counseling, Life Coaching and Executive Coaching courses in the College of Arts and Sciences. He is a board member of the Nebraska Counseling Association (NCA) and the Graduate School Alliance for Executive Coaching (GSAEC).
CONTACT PROFESSOR HARMS
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone | 402.557.7525
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Executive Coaching classes can be taken in any sequence. With each class there is a required one credit hour internship that must be taken simultaneously. The total semester credit hours for the Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching are twelve.
The integration of the course content with the real time internship experience is a unique feature of the certificate program.
The Executive Coaching Certificate Program is a standalone program or it can be selected as a concentration for two of the Bellevue University masters programs. The Executive Coaching Program can be selected as a concentration of the Master of Business Administration (MBA) or it can also be selected as a concentration in the 36 credit hour Master of Arts in Managerial Communication (MAMC).
Ethical and Professional Principles of Executive Coaching
This course covers the ethical guidelines for professional coaches and professional practice standards. Topics covered include record keeping, dual relationships and the current professional context and dynamics of the coaching field. (3 credit hr)
Executive Coaching Communication Skills and Assessment
This course addresses the academic theories that executive coaching is found on. These include the coaching relationship process and associated communication skills. It will also cover various assessment tools utilized in executive coaching will also be examined. (3 credit hr)
The Role and Relationship Dynamics of Executive Coaching
This course will cover the role of executive coaches as well as the coaching relationship dynamics. A general model of the executive coaching process will be introduced and utilized throughout the course. (3 credit hr)
Executive Coaching Internship
This course provides an opportunity for students to expand their learning in an executive coaching context. The learning objectives and specific program of study will be jointly determined by the instructor and the site supervisor in conjunction with the educational and professional goals of the student. The successful completion of the three Executive Coaching courses including this one credit hour internship taken simultaneously with each course will result in a graduate certificate in executive coaching. (1 credit hr)
Bellevue University is proud to be the recipient of many awards, honors and other recognition for our innovative learning programs. Here are some of the recent accolades for our institution:
- Recently approved by the Higher Learning Commission to offer Ph.D. in Human Capital Management
- Winner of United States Distance Learning Association's 2007 – 21st Century Best Practice Award. Given annually to organization or corporation that shows "outstanding leadership in the field of distance learning."
- Ranked by Leadership Excellence magazine among the Top 20 schools in the country in developing leaders, along with Harvard, Yale and MIT, to name a few.
- Dr. Mike Echols, Senior VP of Strategic Initiatives, recently named of the "Top 20 Training Industry Influencers" by Training Industry, Inc.
- The only accredited university to win a Corporate University Best in Class (CUBIC) award. Bellevue University won for "Most Innovative Corporate Resource" in 2005 and 2007. Two of the University's partners, Defense Acquisition University, and Girls and Boys Town, won CUBIC awards in 2006.
- Recognized for Best Teaching Online. The United States Distance Learning Association honored David Levy, Ph.D., Bellevue University Associate Professor, for excellence in online teaching.
- Named a "Learning Leader" by Bersin and Associates and ELearning! magazine for the school's virtual, interactive Criss Auditorium.
- Ranked the largest master's healthcare administration program in the country by Modern Healthcare magazine.
- Largest private college in the state of Nebraska based on headcount (IPEDS)