My learning experience was valuable to me in the sense that I was able to apply real world application to my learning. There were countless times in both degree programs where I was able to apply what I was learning to my life.
Kirk D. S.
Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA)
The Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program changed degree entry requirements in March, 2011. Prior to this, 3 years of healthcare industry experience was required. The prior healthcare industry employment requirement has been reduced to 2 years.
MHA potential students must also meet either Option 1 or Option 2 below, under the new requirements:
- Option 1: Students are eligible to enter the program with 2 years prior healthcare industry experience and if they are working a minimum of 20 hours per week (0.5 FTE) within the healthcare industry (resume should be submitted as part of the pre-admission packet).
- Option 2: If a student is not employed at least part-time (0.5 FTE) within healthcare but does have 2 years prior healthcare industry experience, they may alternately provide the University with a Letter of Commitment from an organization within the healthcare industry that will support the student throughout the completion of the degree major. This letter should be agreed upon with the site mentor providing mentorship. Additional information about the agreement between the student and healthcare industry organization is included within the letter.
It is the student's responsibility to secure this agreement, and ensure that an agreement with a healthcare industry organization remains in place during the entire cohort program if not working within healthcare at least part time.
Steps to complete the process for securing a letter of commitment:
- Print the Letter of Commitment for the MHA program.
- Meet with the healthcare organization mentor that you plan to use for the agreement, secure their commitment, and provide their information on the form. Your mentor must be at the Vice President level or above.
- Complete all information sections of the MHA Letter of Commitment.
- Fax the completed form to your admissions counselor at 402-557-5435.
Mail the completed form to:
- Attention: (Insert your admissions counselor name), Graduate Admissions Counselor
- Bellevue University
- 1000 Galvin Road South
- Bellevue, Nebraska 68005
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!