Master of Fine Arts in Creativity (MFA)
You have a gratifying artistic pursuit and dream of dedicating your life to it. Yet transforming your talent into a venture that pays the bills is a mystery. If you long to pursue your artistic passion, explore the richness of creativity AND earn a living, consider our new Master of Fine Arts in Creativity.
No More Starving Artists
Traditional MFA programs focus on perfecting a single area of artistic endeavor. Our new MFA in Creativity is unique because it blends art, creativity, and entrepreneurship in a way that will prepare you to make a living and make your dream a reality.
During the two-year program, you will experience a mix of art, applied creativity, and distinctive entrepreneurship. A team of experienced Faculty and Mentors will guide you to:
- Explore the true meaning of creativity.
- Refine your individual art.
- Master the risk-taking and market savvy typical of entrepreneurs.
- Prepare your market-ready venture and present it to a team of potential investors.
About the Faculty & Mentors
The MFA was designed by experienced Bellevue University faculty who have a vision of applied creativity and a belief in preparing artists to experience the best of both worlds : art and entrepreneurship and the satisfying life that can result. They worked closely with experts in the arts and entrepreneurship fields to ensure you have the practical knowledge and skills to succeed.
Through your MFA program, you will have the opportunity to work with Donna Hewlett, MFA, MA. and Linda Fettig, MBA along with your mentors.
A key aspect of your experience in the MFA in Creativity will include supportive relationships with Mentors who have already demonstrated success in their field. Your Mentor will coach you, challenge you, and guide you to achieve your specific goals.
How the MFA Works
The MFA in Creativity is a 60 credit hour low-residency program. Along with eight 12 week terms of study online and individual Mentor collaboration, you will engage in a total of four residencies, two on-campus and two virtual. You will have multiple options to choose from for your on-campus and virtual residencies, so you can have some flexibility.
In addition to the course material offered online, an individualized study plan developed with a personal mentor will round out the curriculum. This part of the program includes a contract of study based on your personal artistic plan.
The major topic areas in the MFA in Creativity are as follows:
- Visual Architecture potential topic areas include: Gaming, Simulations, Digital Photography, 3D animation
- Functional Designing and Modeling potential topic areas include: interior design, architecture, fashion design, sculpture, painting, pottery, public art, warm glass designs, Victorian stained glass, etc.
- Art for Performance and Production potential topic areas include: Creative interactive writing (blogs, websites, public relations, etc.), Music production, Theatre production, set design, music, Community Theatre Company and production, etc.
- Art as Creative Expression includes individual topics for study initiated in student proposals and accepted by the MFA admissions committee. The area of study or "the art" must show the potential for successful outcomes based on the mix of the art, creativity, and entrepreneurship.
As a result of the multifaceted infusion of these elements, by the end of the MFA program you will have a final product and business plan and will be prepared for an artistic, self-sustaining, entrepreneurial venture. You will have learned how to create sustainable cash flow through exploration and innovation, making your individual pursuit ready for the marketplace. At the conclusion of the program, you will even "pitch" your entrepreneurial plan to a group of potential investors for feedback.
Creativity provides the foundation for innovation and productivity. By earning the Bellevue University MFA in Creativity, you will fully exploring creativity in arts, and will be in a rare position of knowing how to apply art in a way that makes it a productive resource to the community and marketplace.
Please click here to review submission application instructions specific to the Master of Fine Arts in Creativity.
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!