I realized how much of what I was learning could be applied to my everyday job responsibilities, help me become a better business oriented individual, fine tune my organizational skills, help me better share with others what I had learned.
Master of Business Administration
Acquisition and Contract Management Degree - Master of Science
Contract specialists are needed to procure goods and services for business operations or for resale to customers. A professional in acquisition and contract management requires a unique blend of business acumen and a mastery of statistical and quantitative analysis.
The Bellevue University Master of Science in Acquisition and Contract Management will help you become a qualified professional in any industry. It will also prepare you with the right knowledge and skills for careers in military or government acquisition and contract management entities, and their contracting partners, to enhance their acquisition business management practices.
This degree combines complex business and procurement knowledge with an emphasis on business relationships, strategic sourcing (where to purchase, consideration of demand and supply markets), risk management, contract financing, subcontracting plans, choosing suppliers, customer analysis, and contractor responsibility.
All Bellevue University degrees are designed to deliver a transformative student learning experience that is flexible enough to accommodate your personal and work schedule.
Successful completion of the Bellevue University Master of Science in Acquisition and Contract Management will prepare you to work at mid- or advanced-level positions in government, civilian and military settings. You will apply knowledge of the legislation, regulations and methods used in contracting, sources of supply, cost factors and product requirements to consider. In addition, you will learn the following sets of skills:
- Manage, supervise, or develop policies and procedures involving procurement of supplies, services, construction, or research and development; using formal advertising, request for proposal and negotiation
- Evaluate contract price proposals
- Administer or terminate and close out contracts
- Know the legislation, regulations and business methods related to contracts, fiscal law, subcontracting, dispute and claims, fraud, debt, and terminations
- Apply data analysis, critical thinking and problem solving to contract management
- Use time-series data and graphical tools to make forecasting and quality management decisions, as well as use visual and numerical tools to manage time and cost of projects
- Plan and execute project schedules using critical path, PERT, and Gantt charts
- Acquire and manage resources to plan and control the transformation of those resources into goods and services
The curriculum required by the degree can be helpful in preparing to obtain Level II or IIII Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certification for the contracting career field through Defense Acquisition University/FAI.
If you already possess a Level II or III DAWIA certificate through DAU/FAI you may be able to apply a limited amount of credit to certain master level courses. See the curriculum page for more information.
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!