Working with your Advisor
It is important for students and Academic Advisors to work together in order to build a successful partnership through open dialogue and communication. Academic Advisors do more than assist students with class selection and registration. Your Academic Advisor can help provide direction on career and major exploration. In order for the partnership to be effective, both the Academic Advisor and student should follow these guidelines:
Your Academic Advisor will:
- Be an accessible resource to help plan your academic career and answer your questions
- Maintain confidentiality according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Assist with career and major exploration options
- Clarify Bellevue University policies and procedures
- Assist with course selection and registration
- Be available to review your Advisement Report and discuss academic progress
- Provide referrals to resources and services
- Answer questions regarding graduation and conferral
Tips for Student Success:
- Check your BRUIN Mail account on a regular basis; communication from Bellevue University will be sent to this account.
- Be familiar with BRUIN and the Bellevue University web site
- Know your degree requirements and how to read your Official Advisement Report
- Make and keep appointments with your Academic Advisor; contact him or her on a regular basis
- Meet with your Academic Advisor as early in the registration period as possible (please see the Academic Calendar for registration start dates)
- Classes fill up quickly, so being proactive about your registration will give you the best chance of getting the classes that you need
- Be prepared for your advising sessions-write down questions, make notes, bring copies of handouts
- Ask for clarification if needed
- Create a long-term degree plan
- Please update contact information in BRUIN when necessary
- Review the University Course Catalog and Student Handbook
Error while processing your submission.
There was an error while trying to process your submission. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Please reach out to one of our Admission Counselors and they can answer any questions you have at 1-800-756-7920 (option 1). The Admissions office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Congratulations on taking your first step towards earning your degree!
At Bellevue University, our passion is to help you get started and support you all along the way. In fact, we’ve found that many students have benefited from our complimentary “Smarter Measure” Self-Assessment which will help you prepare for success. Again, this is a free service.
Your User Name: ready
Your Password: ready
Just click here to start. Smarter Measure
Thanks again. We look forward to working with you!